North Sardinia Tour from Olbia – 8 days
Dates: 3-10th of September 2017. Starting point: Olbia airport
Day 1 Day: OLBIA / CANNIGIONE
Arrival at Olbia airport and transfer by bus to your hotel in Cannigione, check in, relax and free time. Dinner and overnight at the hotel.
Day 2: S. TERESA GALLURA /CASTELSARDO / CANNIGIONE
Breakfast at hotel. Departure by bus to visit Santa Teresa di Gallura, lovely touristic town in front of Corsica Island. Continue to the charming Castelsardo (North-West), ancient fortress of Genoese family’s Doria and today a famous hand-craft center (carpets, rugs, baskets, ceramic and corals). Visit of downtown with a local guide and lunch in a restaurant. In the afternoon, free time for shopping and sightseeing then back to Cannigione, dinner and overnight at your hotel.
Day 3: CANNIGIONE
Full board in hotel. Free time for shopping, relax or sightseeing. The area is also surrounded by wonderful beaches. You have the possibility to buy a boat excursion tour and visit the amazing La Maddalena’s Archipelago which is a protected Marine Park. Dinner and overnight at your hotel.
Day 4: NUORO / ORGOSOLO / NUORO
Breakfast at hotel. Departure to the Barbagia Mountain area. Arrival in Nuoro, the capital of this region, meet a local guide and visit the Ethnographic Museum famous for its traditional Sardinian costumes. The tour continues to Orgosolo, typical Sardinian little town, famous in ancient time for banditry and today for its Murals, visual representations of social, political and historic themes. Lunch in a restaurant with a selection of local products. In the afternoon return back to Nuoro, free time at your leisure, dinner and overnight at your hotel.
Day 5: BOSA / ALGHERO
Breakfast at hotel. Departure to Bosa, pretty and charming ancient town, famous for laces, tanneries and its lovely malvasia wine. Visit to a local typical tavern to taste the malvasia wine. Lunch in a restaurant with fish menu. In the afternoon departure to Alghero. Along the way, we first stop in Borutta, to visit the beautiful San Pietro of Sorres Cathedral and then in Torralba, to visit the impressive Santu Antine Nuragic village (1500 BC) with a local guide. Arrival in Alghero, check in, dinner and overnight at your hotel.
Day 6: ALGHERO
Full board at hotel. In the morning, visit Alghero old town with a local guide. Alghero is one of the most beautiful medieval Sardinian towns with a strong Catalan influence in both its culture and architecture. The afternoon is free for leisure, shopping and relax. Dinner and overnight at your hotel.
Day 7: ALGHERO / OLBIA
Breakfast and lunch at hotel. Morning free for shopping, sightseeing and relax at your leisure. In the afternoon, transfer to Olbia by bus, check in, dinner and overnight at your hotel.
Day 8: OLBIA
Breakfast in Hotel. Free time for shopping. Transfer to the airport in order to take the flight back.
Other InfoAccommodation in double rooms standard. Tours for small groups with the same itinerary can also be provided. Tour and services are provided by a local tour operator. Starting point: Olbia airport. Prices include:
- Transfer from/to airport to your hotel and back (1st/8th day)
- Car/minibus/ executive coach transfer for the excursions (3 days). Vehicle type depends on participant number
- 2 HB + 1 FB in hotel 3* in Cannigione (hotel Del Porto or similar)
- 1 HB + 1 FB in hotel 3* in Alghero (hotel Soleado or similar)
- 1 HB in hotel 3* in Nuoro (hotel Grillo or similar)
- 1 HB in hotel 3* in Olbia or in B&B
- Accommodation in double rooms with private bathroom.
- 2 lunches in restaurant in Castelsardo and Bosa.
- 1 lunch in restaurant in Orgosolo
- 1 taste of malvasia wine
- English speaking Guide for 3 half days (max 3 hours)
- 1 free person every 24 in double room
- Flights to/from Sardinia
- All the meals (lunch/dinner) not mentioned in the tour description
- The drinks during meals
- Entrance to museums/churches, etc. if not clearly mentioned in the tour description
- City taxes may apply, payable locally at your hotel
- Anything else not mentioned in the tour description
- Single supplement € 135.00 per person max 4 rooms
- Drinks supplement (1/2lt water + 25cl wine) € 3.50 per person per meal
- Supplement for a day boat excursion to La Maddalena Archipelago with sea food pasta dish included € 35 per person
- Reduction for children accommodation 3/10 years old € 50.00 per person in triple/quadruple rooms
- Reduction for accommodation adult (from 12 years old) € 35.00 per person in triple / quadruple rooms
- Group of 20 people: € 745 pp
- Group of 16 people: € 780 pp
- Group of 10 people: € 860 pp