Grand Tour of Sardinia from Olbia – 8 days
GRAND TOUR of SARDINIA – 8 days, valid till 28th of May 2016 with English guide. Starting from Olbia airport.
Day 1 – OLBIA
Arrival at Olbia airport, meeting with the driver and transfer by bus to your hotel in Olbia, check in, relax and free time. Dinner and overnight at the hotel.
Day 2 – LA MADDALENA / CAPRERA / COSTA SMERALDA / OLBIA
Breakfast at the hotel and transfer to Palau with a local guide, board the ferry to the beautiful island of La Maddalena. The island is part of an archipelago which is a marine park, rich in fauna, endemic flora and wonderful beaches. Then visit to the islands of Caprera which hosts the House – Museum of Giuseppe Garibaldi the 19th century Italian hero (admission to the museum not included). Then back to the hotel for lunch.
The tour continues in the afternoon with a visit to the famous Costa Smeralda, founded in the early 60s by Prince Karim Aga Khan. The area is rich of wonderful beaches and fabulous resorts. We stop for a visit in Porto Cervo and its marina, the most famous resort in the area, known as the “place to be” by the jet set and international VIPs. In the evening departure to Olbia, transfer to the hotel, dinner and overnight.
Day 3 – S. TERESA GALLURA / CASTELSARDO / ALGHERO
Breakfast at hotel. Meeting with the guide and departure to visit Santa Teresa di Gallura, lovely touristic town in front of Corsica Island. Continue to the charming Castelsardo (North-West), ancient fortress of the Genoese Doria family and today a famous hand-craft center (carpets, rugs, baskets, ceramic and corals). Castelsardo saw the domination of various civilizations in the past centuries of which still preserve many ruins particularly from the Spanish rule.
Then visit to the distinctive “Elephant rock” located in a panoramic position which was originally an ipogeic tumb (about 2000 BC). Lunch in a local restaurant.
In the afternoon, a bit of free time to relax and do some shopping in the various hand-crafts in the town. After, we move to Alghero, check in, dinner and overnight.
Day 4 – ALGHERO
Full board at hotel. In the morning visit to Capo Caccia to admire the lovely Porto Conte Bay and visit the famous Neptune’s caves. Back to the hotel for lunch.
In the afternoon, visit to Alghero old town. Alghero is one of the most beautiful medieval Sardinian towns with a strong Catalan influence in both its culture and architecture. Back to the hotel in the evening, dinner and overnight.
Day 5 – BOSA / ORISTANO
Breakfast at hotel. Departure towards Bosa through the lovely panoramic coastal road. Bosa is a pretty and charming ancient town, famous for laces, tanneries and its lovely malvasia wine. The town has recently been nominated one of the prettiest in Italy.
Then move to Oristano, check in and lunch in the hotel. In the afternoon, visit to the Sinis penynsula and the remaining of the ancient Phoenician-Roman old city and the Paleo Christian church of Sait John. In the evening, return to the hotel in Oristano, dinner and overnight.
Day 6 – CAGLIARI / BARUMINI / ORISTANO
Breakfast at hotel. Visit to Cagliari (Sardinian capital). The city was inhabited since ancient times. Its Archaeological Museum contains many remains and objects of the civilizations that in various periods occupied the island. The tour includes a visit to the fascinating old town and its monuments and the modern part of the city. Lunch at your leisure.
In the afternoon we move to Barumini to visit Sardinian’s most impressive Nuraghe (megalithic edifice) included by UNESCO under the World Heritage Site lists. This impressive stone tower fortresses built around 1500 AD can be visited with a guided tour to learn about its mysteries and the history of the surrounding area. In the evening return to the hotel in Oristano, dinner and overnight.
Day 7 – ORISTANO / NUORO / ORGOSOLO / OLBIA
Breakfast at hotel. Departure to Paulilatino to visit the remarcable sacred well of Santa Cristina (1500 BC approx), dedicated to the water worship. We then continue to Nuoro, the capital of the Barbagia region, to visit the Ethnographic Museum famous for its collection of traditional Sardinian costumes. We then continue to Orgosolo, typical Sardinian little town, famous in ancient time for banditry and today for its murals, visual representations of social, political and historic themes. Lunch is organized outdoor in a traditional old fashion way by the local shepherds (depending of participant number). This is a great opportunity to enjoy great food and a unique cultural experience. The food will include: typical Sardinian cold meats, cheeses and local traditional breads, lamb stew with potatoes, roast meats, handmade sweets, homemade local wine and a taste of “filu ferru” (the local spirit).In the afternoon, visit to Orgosolo old town to admire the unique and fascinating Murals. Late afternoon, departure to Olbia, check in, dinner and overnight.
8 Day – OLBIA
Breakfast in Hotel. Transfer to the airport in order to take the flight back
Other InfoPrices for Summer 2016. The travel week is decided by the group to guarantee maximum flexibility. Tour and services are provided by a local tour operator. Starting from Olbia airport.This extensive tour will allow you to visit and enjoy some of the most amazing places in Sardinia with a dedicated tour guide in English language. You will visit some of the most amazing places and resorts to give you a flavour of what Sardinia can provide to its visitors. This week tour combines cultural and historical aspects as well as culinary experiences and natural scenery that made Sardinia such a popular worldwide holiday destination.So, relax and enjoy an authentic Sardinian experience!! Prices are for 8 days tour. Departures 10th or 17th of September:
- Group of 20 people: € 835 pp
- Group of 16 people: € 875 pp
- Group of 10 people: € 1140 pp
- Group of 20 people: € 860 pp
- Group of 16 people: € 899 pp
- Group of 10 people: € 1175pp
- Car / Minibus or executive bus for 7 days of tour. Vehicle type depends on participant numberTransfer from to Olbia airport
- Local tour guide for 6 days in English language
- Assistance in airport at arrival and departure
- 1 HB + 1 FB in 3* hotel in Cannigione
- 1 HB + 1 FB in 3* hotel in Alghero
- 1 FB + 1 HB in 3* hotel in Oristano (or surroundings) or in pre-inspected and approved B&B
- 1 HB in 3* hotel or or in pre-inspected and approved B&B in Olbia (or surroundings)
- Double room accommodation with private bathrooom
- Lunch in restaurant in Castelsardo and Cagliari
- Typical traditional Sardinian lunch in Orgosolo or with the shepperds in the countriside depending on participant number
- Ferry from Palau to La Maddalena and return, including bus and local city tax
- 1 free for every 25 participants in double room
- Flights to/from Sardinia
- All the meals (lunch/dinner) not mentioned in the tour description
- The drinks during meals
- Porter services
- Entrance to museums/churches/archaeological areas, etc. if not clearly mentioned in the tour description
- City taxes may apply, payable locally at your hotel
- Anything else not mentioned in the tour description
- Single supplement € 115.00 per person max 3 rooms. € 135.00 from the 4th room (if available)
- Supplement for visiting the Neptune Grotto by boat (from Alghero marina) € 17,00 per person (excluding entrance).
- Reduction for children accommodation 02/10 years old € 50.00 per pax in triple/quadruple rooms